This has been a year unlike any other. Like you, we at The Parmenter Foundation have seen, and continue to see, the hardship and uncertainty COVID-19 has caused so many families in our community. For the past 70 years and during the most challenging times, Parmenter has been committed to helping those in need and to making a profound difference in MetroWest.
When the pandemic intensified in March, we mobilized to aid our community members facing unimaginable challenges. With the support of generous donors like you, to date, we have awarded nearly $60,000 in COVID-19 Crisis Response Grants to 11 esteemed local organizations, including funding for:
- Technology and staff so that children’s bereavement programs, Jeff’s Place, HEARTplaysm and CampErin® Boston, could seamlessly continue to serve grieving children;
- Food and feminine hygiene products for families in need through Dignity Matters, OpenTable, and Parmenter Food Pantry (now My Brother’s Table);
- Emergency financial assistance for families facing homelessness, pediatric cancer, and the death of a spouse through Family Promise Metrowest, Camp Casco, and Wildflower respectively;
- Telehealth access for MetroWest Free Medical Program’s un/underinsured patients; and
- A COVID-19 virtual bereavement support collaborative program with Advocates and Jeff’s Place.
In addition, we awarded $280,000 in regular cycle grants to these and other organizations that aid our neighbors facing hardship. These awards also include funding for a subsidized bed at the Miriam Boyd Parlin Hospice Residence as well as an education program designed to empower high-risk victims at Domestic Violence Services Network.
Thank you so much for your partnership.
Angela G. Crocker