Angela G. Crocker, Executive Director
As I consider the many ways to measure Parmenter’s impact over the past year, a recent phone call with a community member, Mary, strikes me as the most valuable. Facing a despairing and challenging situation, Mary reached out to Parmenter. She shared with me that a family close to her has a four-year-old child who was recently diagnosed with a fast-growing, terminal brain tumor. Mary was looking for support for the family, including the child’s siblings. With the extensive network of resources accessible on our website, as well as direct relationships with our grantee partners, I was able to guide Mary. A few weeks later she followed up to let me know, as a result of our conversation, the family connected with many support services, including a children’s bereavement program and that while they were devastated and grieving, they were not alone.
As we look forward to 2022, with your help, we will continue to:
- Fill gaps in hospice and bereavement services in order to support more adults and children experiencing loss.
- Expand our resources to further assist people in moving through the spectrum of grief and end-of-life concerns.
- Increase both financial and wrap-around support for our current and new grantee organizations so they can deepen their impact.
- Collaborate with agencies and professionals across sectors to produce high-quality educational material and training opportunities to better equip children, adults, and families with tools to build resilience as they journey through grief.
- Create new avenues of support for compassionate end-of-life care in our community.
We also remain deeply committed to the reopening of the Miriam Boyd Parlin Hospice Residence. High-quality, compassionate hospice care is an important cornerstone of our community, and we are hopeful that current lease negotiations with a well-respected nonprofit hospice care provider will be complete by end of year.
Please join our movement to inspire hope and healing in MetroWest. Your donation is vital to aiding our neighbors who are in need of compassionate end-of-life care and grief support. The enclosed Perspectives shares stories in more detail that highlight our impact. To learn more, you may visit our website and subscribe to our e-newsletter.
Thank you for your partnership. We are incredibly grateful for your contributions to further our mission.