The Parmenter Foundation Board of Trustees
The Parmenter Foundation Board of Trustees is a committed, active, working committee of seasoned professionals. They share amongst them more than 50 years of dedication to Parmenter.
Martha Ragones, Co-President of the Board. Marty lives in Wayland, MA and has been a member of the Parmenter Board for ten years. A financial professional, she has held positions in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
Stuart Hamilton, Clerk of the Board. Stuart resides in Sudbury, MA and has been a Trustee since 2003. He has been an estate planning attorney for more than 20 years. In addition, Stuart serves as an adjunct faculty member at both Boston College Law School and Boston University School of Law. Stuart is a former Trustee and President of the Alumni Association for Hamilton College in Clinton, NY.
Bob Dawson, Governance Committee Chair. Bob a resident of Marlborough, MA. A graduate of Colgate University and Boston University Graduate School of Management, he was in the investment management and advisory services business with State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors, CitiStreet and Ameriprise for a total of twenty-five years. His post career activities have included part time work with the Pioneer Institute and Seniors Helping Seniors.
Brian McKinney, Trustee. Brian resides in Framingham MA where he is the co-owner and Director of the McCarthy, McKinney & Lawler Funeral Home. He has been a licensed funeral director/embalmer in both VT and MA for the past 25 years. Brian serves on several nonprofit boards and is the former Program Director of The Anatomical Gift Program at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Michael J. Halloran, Special Advisor to the Board. Michael lives with his family in Weston, MA and is the Interim CFO at Regis College. Michael served as a Parmenter Trustee for 18 years and as Executive Director for three years. He earned his MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business and his B.A. from Princeton University. His career has focused on finance, including his role as global Head of Technology Investment Banking at Deutsche Bank Alex Brown.
The Parmenter Foundation Honorary Trustees
- Karen Back, MD
- V. William Efthim
- Phyllis Kaufman
- Lloyd Rapoport
- J. Thomas Selldorff
- Marilyn Walter
Building Our Board
We are seeking new Trustees to serve on The Parmenter Foundation Board. Our past and present Trustees have found serving on the Board to be a rewarding experience. We seek to have a diverse, collegial Board focused on the Parmenter vision, mission, and guiding principles. The skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position are more fully described below. Please consider completing an application today!
To bring HOPE to MetroWest residents and their families during end-of-life and bereavement.
The mission of The Parmenter Foundation is to provide support for compassionate end-of-life care and bereavement programs in MetroWest.
- Support The Parmenter Foundation’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, strategies, values and programs.
- Suggest possible nominees to the Board who are men and women of achievement and passion, who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and progress of The Parmenter Foundation.
- Actively serve on one or more committees of the Board.
- Attend fundraising events and activities of The Parmenter Foundation and/or its grantees.
- Serve as an ambassador by raising awareness about The Parmenter Foundation in MetroWest communities.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as s/he develops and implements the strategic plan.
- Assist Executive Director as needed with the development of current and potential donors.
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director.
- Prepare for and participate fully in all Board’s bi-monthly meetings and scheduled committee meetings (at least 2-4 hours per month).
- Maintain confidentiality of the Board’s executive sessions.
- Suggest agenda items for Board and Committee meetings to ensure that significant policy-related matters are addressed.
- Approve the Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Comply with the Board’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest that might compromise the Foundation or Board and disclose any possible appearances of conflict to the Board in a timely fashion.
- Faithfully read and understand the Foundation’s financial statements.
- Assist in any way necessary to help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
- Board members shall serve a three-year term and be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms.
- Consider the Foundation a philanthropic priority with the realization that the leadership role the Board plays in fund development is critical to soliciting contributions from others.
- The development goal of the Board is to have 100% of its Trustees make a monetary donation to the Foundation annually. There is no required giving amount; however, it is expected that Trustees provide meaningful support by prioritizing giving to The Parmenter Foundation in the top 3 of his/her giving priorities.
- Assist the Foundation with development of and implementation of fund development strategies.
If you are interested in applying to become a member of our Board of Trustees, please either download the PDF application and return the completed form to Parmenter, or you may fill out the form below.