COVID-19 Crisis Response Grants
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, The Parmenter Foundation is awarding COVID-19 Crisis Response grants on a rolling basis throughout the remainder of 2020. We are seeking to fund end-of-life and bereavement programs that support compassionate care for those affected by COVID-19 and its vast ripple effect. In addition, we are seeking applicants with innovative programs to help those serving on the front lines of this pandemic providing crisis and grief support to our MetroWest neighbors.
To date, The Parmenter Foundation has awarded nearly $60,000 in COVID-19 Crisis Response Grants to esteemed local organizations including funding for:
- Technology and staff so that children’s bereavement programs, Jeff’s Place, HEARTplay℠ and Camp Erin Boston, could seamlessly continue to serve grieving children.
- Food and feminine hygiene products for families in need through Dignity Matters, Open Table and Parmenter Food Pantry (now My Brother’s Table).
- Emergency financial assistance to help families facing homelessness, pediatric cancer, and the death of a spouse through Family Promise Metrowest, Camp Casco, and Wildflower, Inc. respectively.
- Telehealth access for MetroWest Free Medical Program’s un/underinsured patients.
- A collaborative COVID-19 virtual bereavement support program from Advocates and Jeff’s Place.