Pet Loss Resources
The end-of-life and loss of a pet can be unexpectedly challenging for many people. The Parmenter Foundation offers resources to provide hope and healing for adults and children who are dealing with difficult decisions around the decline of a pet and who are grieving a beloved animal that has passed.
Navigating Your Pet's Difficult Diagnosis
LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS AND COUNSELING
- Pet loss support hotline: bet.tufts.edu/petloss
- Virtual support groups, one-on-one/family consultation services: Veterinary Chaplaincy Services
- Services for those caring for companion animals, veterinary staff, and animal welfare professionals: petlifeandloss.com
- Veterinary social worker providing treatment to young adults and older adults: transitionscounselinginc.com
- Support group with Pet Loss Grief Recovery Specialist and Pet Chaplain: saygoodbyeathome.us
- Support groups for children, teens and young adults: heartplayprogram.org
- Angell Animal Medical Center pet loss bereavement support group: bereavement group flyer
Grief management workshops and other support: www.animaltalksinc.com
Please note that The Parmenter Foundation, Inc. does not own, operate, or manage any of the organizations listed as resources on this web site, or derive any revenues from referrals. It is important for users to independently evaluate whether these resources are appropriate for their families.