Pet Loss Resources
The end-of-life and loss of a pet can be unexpectedly challenging for many people. The Parmenter Foundation offers resources to provide hope and healing for adults and children who are dealing with difficult decisions around the decline of a pet and who are grieving a beloved animal that has passed.
LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS AND COUNSELING
- Pet loss support hotline: bet.tufts.edu/petloss
- Services for those caring for companion animals, veterinary staff, and animal welfare professionals: petlifeandloss.com
- Veterinary social worker providing treatment to young adults and older adults: transitionscounselinginc.com
- Support group with Pet Loss Grief Recovery Specialist and Pet Chaplain: saygoodbyeathome.us
- Support groups for children, teens and young adults: heartplayprogram.org