We are inspired advocates, volunteers and leaders committed to making a difference in the Massachusetts MetroWest community. We are dedicated to providing education, resources, funds and support in the areas of end-of-life and bereavement to our community partners, grantees and stakeholders.
Angela Crocker, Executive Director
“I came to The Parmenter Foundation because I was inspired by the award-winning children’s bereavement support program and the grief camp that Parmenter created. These types of programs have a big impact in children’s lives and in our community. I am excited to collaborate with many local organizations to fill the service gaps that exist and create end-of-life and bereavement programs that help our neighbors to have hope while facing end-of-life issues and the grief of losing a loved one."
Angela is responsible for the overall executive management of The Parmenter Foundation, including Board stewardship, grant administration, community partnerships, dynamic programming, strategic planning and donor relations. Prior to becoming its Executive Director, Angela worked in various roles at Parmenter for six years. She has served on the Kids First Board (Portland, ME) and served in many capacities within the Sudbury Public Schools parent organizations. In addition to her nonprofit experience, she practiced municipal and family law for ten years. Angela is a graduate of the University of Southern Maine and American University Washington College of Law.
Donor Database Manager
"Having grown up in MetroWest and now raising my family here, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to convey messages of hope and inspiration, along with information regarding wonderful local programs, to my fellow community members. I'm continually amazed to learn about the good work that goes on right in our backyards!"
Expanding Our Team
The Parmenter Foundation is currently looking to fill the following role. If you are interested in applying, please provide resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Worker/Community Outreach Coordinator
The Parmenter Foundation seeks an energetic licensed social worker with at least 5 years of palliative care and bereavement services experience in MetroWest Boston. The Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for managing a palliative care and bereavement resource database; help develop resources for MetroWest families navigating the challenging grief process, and network with professionals to create and execute educational programming. This is a part-time position.
- Advise ED on topics relevant to bereavement and end-of-life care
- Research relevant organizations
- Update and upkeep website resource database
- Inform speaker series program on relevant topics within mission area
- Create education programs/curriculum
- Network and collaborate with community partners, points of contact, stakeholders and experts
- Support Grant Committee
- Develop RFP’s for innovative new programs
Required/Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, LCSW or comparable licensure
- Effective communication skills
- Organizational and time management
- Project management
- WordPress experience
- Knowledge of palliative care organizations in MetroWest
- Knowledge of bereavement programs in MetroWest
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Team Collaboration
- Follow through
- Uphold and reflect Foundation’s values
Competitive salary commensurate with experience